For the Asus router firmware update, the blog has mentioned the different methods.
The two methods for Asus router firmware update are the manual method and professional method.
Method 1: Manual method
Here are the following steps to perform how to update Asus router firmware manually. It consists of:-
- The first step is to download the latest version of the Asus router firmware for the computer device from router.asus.com.
- Download the firmware file and unzip the file.
Access an internet browser and navigate to the web interface.
- Provide the username and password in the corresponding fields of the Asus router login page. Click on the Sign in.
Note: In case, if the user forgot the username and password, then he/she can restore the details by factory default reset.
Search for the Administration option in the advanced settings > Firmware upgrade > Upload.
Select the Asus router firmware file to upload and tap the open button to upload the firmware file.
- Now, wait for 2-3 minutes till the firmware file is uploading.
Method 2: Update on WebGUI
Use the following steps for Asus update on WebGUI.
- Navigate any web browser of your choice and access the http://router.asus.com WebGUI.
- Provide the login username and password on the Asus router login page. Click on the Sign in.
- Then, the user will see a pop-up message at the right side upper corner, only if the new Asus firmware is available.
- Tap on the Update now option and it will directly take you to the Administration > System page. Pop up on the Firmware upgrade.
Then, please wait for a moment till the uploading process is going on.
- After the upgrading process, try to sign in to the web interface. Move to the Administration > Restore/Save/Upload Settings > Factory default > Click on the Restore option.
- A pop-up message will be displayed for the Asus router reset procedure. Tap on the OK icon and hereby the reset procedure will start.
After completing the reset procedure, go back to http://router.asus.com and follow the on-screen instructions for the quick setup.